Truffle Trove, our extra mature Cheddar with Italian Black Summer truffle, is the star of this luxurious side dish. Oozing with creamy flavours and served bubbling and golden brown from the oven, it makes a decadent accompaniment to steak, duck confit or your favoruite roasted meat.
- 1. Place grated cheeses in large bowl and toss in cornflour making sure all cheese is evenly coated. Season with pepper and nutmeg.
- 2. Warm up the cider in a non-stick pan until hot. Gradually add the cheese, whisking constantly.
- 3. When all the cheese has been added, bring to a gentle bubble and whisk until smooth and glossy.
- 4. Rub the garlic around your fondue dish and discard.
- 5. Pour in your fondue and serve immediately. Keep fondue warm to stop it getting too thick.
- 6. Serve with crusty sourdough bread, crisp chunks of apple and a selection of your favourite pickles.