This Welsh rarebit recipe will quickly become a lunchtime staple. Grated Black Bomber – our bestselling extra mature Cheddar – lends its immense depth of flavour to this classic dish, which is bubbled under the grill until irresistibly golden. Serve it with apple slices or a tomato and rocket salad to create a light but delicious meal.
- Combine the cheese, butter, flour, mustard and Worcestershire sauce in a saucepan and mix together.
- Add the stout and stir over a gentle heat until melted and forming a thick paste. Leave to cool.
- Toast the bread then spread the cheese mix over the top.
- Place under a hot grill and cook until bubbling and golden.
- Serve with slices of apple or a tomato and rocket salad.
For an even richer flavour, try this recipe with Rock Star , our vintage cave-aged Cheddar. And if golden, melted cheese is ticking your boxes, you might like to sample our mouthwatering Green Thunder cheesy garlic bread . You’ll never go back to traditional garlic bread again…