A celebration of the spiciness of Red Devil, our Red Leicester with Habanero chillies and peppers, this chorizo linguine recipe is easy to make but packed with flavour. Featuring crispy chorizo in a tomato sauce with herbs and chillies, this is a great weeknight dinner that’s impressive enough to roll out when friends visit, too. Team it with an ice-cold beer.
- In a hot frying pan, sauté the onion in olive oil until softened. Add the chilli and sauté until soft, then set the mixture aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan, sauté the chorizo until the meat is crispy. Drain off any excess oil.
- Add the onions, chilli and chorizo to a large pan. Mix in the oregano and tomato passata, and cook until bubbling. Season to taste and simmer gently.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine in a large pan of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain the linguine well and add it to the sauce. Mix well and sprinkle in the cheese, warming it through until just melted.
- Sprinkle the torn basil leaves on top and serve immediately.