Stuffed with melting Black Bomber Cheddar (it’s sprinkled on top, too) this delicious tear-and-share bread will be a hit at family meals and parties alike – and it’s perfect for dipping.
- 1. Place the flour in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle over the salt and sugar. Mix thoroughly. Next, sprinkle the yeast into the bowl and mix well.
- 2. Mix the melted butter and olive oil together then drizzle them over the flour mixture. Mix it all with a fork.
- 3. Gradually add the tepid milk and water until you have a sticky dough. You may need slightly more liquid if the dough gets drier as you knead it.
- 4. Once it has formed into a ball of slightly sticky dough, turn it onto a lightly oiled surface and knead for 5-10 minutes until it’s stretchy and elastic.
- 5. Place the dough back into an oiled bowl and cover it with a damp tea towel. Allow it to prove for about 1.5 hours until it has doubled in size. This may take longer, depending on room temperature.
- 6. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knock it back into a ball shape. Divide it into about 20-25 pieces, then form them into balls. Insert a small cube of Black Bomber cheese into each ball and ensure it is completely encased with dough.
- 7. Place the dough balls around a small baking dish on an oiled, flat baking tray, arranging them into two circles. Make sure you leave a small gap between them so they can rise.
- 8. Cover the dough balls with a damp tea towel and allow them to rise for about 40 minutes.
- 9. Lightly brush the dough balls with beaten egg or milk, then sprinkle them with the finely grated Black Bomber cheese.
- 10. Bake at 180 degrees (gas 4) for 20-30 minutes until the rolls are risen and golden brown.
- 11. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley or small sprigs of fresh rosemary to serve.